Proper Installation Must…
- Protect the structural integrity of the exterior door, patio door or skylight in that, it should not support any load other than its own weight.
- Provide an airtight seal around the perimeter.
- Include continuous and unbroken thermal insulation between the frame and the surface of the rough opening to which the frame is affixed.
- Accommodate proper drainage of water away on the exterior exposed side and protect against leakage. This is especially critical with skylights.
- Make some allowance for differential movement between the exterior door, patio door or skylight and the wall or roof opening.
- Ensure that all moving parts operate freely and properly.
- Maximize the performance of the energy-efficient features of the unit.